Community centre saves energy & replaces building equipment without capital or debt
A community centre in the USA is set to cut energy costs by a third with the help of Ecosave, an energy services company with an innovative approach to building upgrades and energy savings.
The centre houses function rooms, exercise space, swimming pools and offices. The customer needed to replace failing equipment but they also wanted to save energy and reduce operating costs in a way that didn’t affect their balance sheet. Ecosave offered the right solution in the Ecosave Services Agreement (ESA) – a comprehensive array of fully funded upgrades with ongoing energy management and maintenance services, packaged together as a service agreement and paid for out of the savings it generates.
For a zero dollar capital outlay and no debt, the community center received $1.5m in building upgrades and nearly $200,000 per year in operational savings. The energy savings are guaranteed and the customer uses part of these savings to cover the monthly service fee, which is geared to be less than the operational savings achieved – resulting in a cash flow positive arrangement from day one.
FOR AN ANNUAL SERVICE FEE OF $144,794 THE CUSTOMER RECEIVES:
- Replacement of 60 heat pumps with high efficiency models
- Installation and optimisation of a new Building Automation System
- Installation of Ecosave Watch, an analytics, dashboard and reporting software platform that manages energy and will continuously drive down energy consumption
- Refurbishment and replacement of light fixtures to improve efficiency and light quality
- Installation of voltage reduction units to save energy consumed by car park lights
- Installation of lighting and appliance controls to ensure optimal performance and efficiency
- Ecosave’s Energy Management Service that includes Ecosave engineers constantly monitoring and analysing the building providing monthly reports and phone meetings to discuss ways to drive consumption down further
- Comprehensive mechanical and building controls maintenance services on installed equipment
THESE SERVICES GENERATE $193,165 ANNUAL SAVINGS, RESULTING IN $48,371 ANNUAL CASH FLOW FOR THE CUSTOMER