The Utility Incentive Engineer works under the guidance of the VP of Innovation to identify innovative utility incentives and grants for all energy service projects to improve project ROI. Projects include (Energy Efficiency, Water Efficiency, Waste/Carbon Management). Ability to identify utility programs, state programs, federal and other miscellaneous opportunities for incentives, rebates, tax deductions, etc. Experience with custom performance-driven measures and developing measurement and verification protocols to measure savings achieved. Support the entire energy engineering team in all regions. Work on proposals for utility grants and large incentive RFPs.
- Developing and standardizing energy engineering tools, and templates for custom energy utility incentive calculations using MS Office software including Advanced Excel functions, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Note.
- Engage with various energy program managers, technical support engineers for various utilities, third-party program managers, and state/ federal agencies.
- Work on RFPs for grants/ awards for utility and carbon management solutions
- Develop IPMVP based on ongoing performance measurement plans for custom incentives as required by various programs for ESA/ ESPC contracts.
- Engage with the software development team for mobile application development for incentives.
- Conduct on-site assessments in prospective commercial and industrial facilities then develop engineering solutions to calculate energy & and water savings solutions.
- Define scope and pricing templates for the selected energy and water conservation measures.
- Support the Energy Engineering team Activities.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- Holds a B.S. 4-year degree in electrical, mechanical, or industrial engineering with relevant experience.
- Experience as an Energy Analyst/ Manager preferably in a utility program management environment
- Hold one or more technology and industry certifications (EIT, CEM, CEA, CMVP, etc.)
- Knowledge of MS Office and especially Advanced Excel functions for developing complex utility-saving models
- Experience in technical writing of grant/tax credit/ incentive proposals and grants for utility, state, and federal programs
- Demonstrated experience in performing savings calculations for energy upgrades.
- Some experience in performing energy audits according to ASHRAE standards (ASHRAE Level 1, 2& 3) in consulting or ESCO environment.
- Technical experience with implementing performance measurement plans for guaranteed savings projects
- Analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to engage with various utility program managers and their consultants to discuss incentive proposals.
- Demonstrated flair for sourcing and implementing methodology for maximizing energy efficiency, and water management incentives in custom programs and grants.
- Experience with advanced building services knowledge such as mechanical & and HVAC, Building Automation Systems, electrical & and lighting.
- Some experience with industrial systems such as air compressors, vacuum pumps, steam systems, heat exchangers, heat recovery systems, and other process applications
- Some overnight travel and genuine passion for energy efficiency and decarbonization efforts
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume to [email protected]