The Energy Project Innovation Engineer works under the guidance of the VP of Innovation to identify innovative utility conservation and management measures including (Energy, Water, and Waste disposal). Ability to think outside the box and have creative curiosity. Technical review, detailed energy engineering analytics, measurement and verification protocol development, and comprehensive problem-solving abilities. Develop savings templates for commercial and industrial measures and has some familiarity with the DOE “Manufacturing Energy Assessment Software” MEASUR
- Developing and standardizing energy engineering tools, templates, and data models using tools and software such as Advanced Excel tools VBA, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Develop proposals and engineering calculations for custom programs.
- Engage with the software development team for mobile application development.
- Support and technical review of engineering savings calculations for accuracy and risk mitigation
- Research innovative technologies and support the development of tablet-based tools for calculating energy and water-saving solutions.
- Conduct on-site assessments in prospective commercial and industrial facilities then develop engineering solutions to calculate energy and water savings solutions.
- Define the scope and pricing for the selected energy and water conservation measures.
- Support Business Development Activities
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- Holds at least a B.S. 4-year degree in electrical, mechanical, industrial engineering or equivalent.
- Experience as an Energy or Project Engineer preferably in an ESCO environment 2 to 4 years
- Hold one or more technology and industry certifications (EIT, CEM, CEA, CMVP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Advanced Excel, Python/R, Power BI, Tableau, and MEASUR a big plus
- Prior experience working with energy simulation software such as eQuest/Trane Trace, IES a plus.
- Experience working with the Department of Energy Industrial Assessment Center during engineering studies or afterward (IAC) is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in performing savings calculations for energy upgrades.
- Experienced in performing energy audits according to ASHRAE standards (ASHRAE Level 1, 2& 3, and IGA: Investment Grade Audits)
- Knowledge of best practices/codes (ASHRAE, IESNA, NEC etc.)
- Technical experience with energy efficiency technologies
- Analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to engage with multiple stakeholders both internal and external when developing the tool.
- Demonstrated flair for sourcing and implementing new technology, up-to-date knowledge of energy efficiency, water management, and waste reduction efficiency technologies.
- Experience with advanced building services knowledge such as mechanical & and HVAC, Building Automation Systems, electrical & and lighting.
- Some experience with industrial systems such as air compressors, vacuum pumps, steam systems, heat exchangers, heat recovery systems and other process applications
- Some overnight travel and genuine passion for energy innovation and decarbonization efforts
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume to [email protected]