The Utility Management Services Engineer position is a multi-faceted role focused on providing energy management services to a growing client portfolio. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monthly bill auditing, consulting, and tenant billing services to high-profile customers.
- Periodic identification, review, and presentation of energy-related opportunities and overall performance to Ecosave customer portfolio.
The successful candidate will also support the Services team in all phases related to Measurement & Verification (M&V) of project savings using the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP). The successful candidate is expected to take ownership of their critical service delivery function and perform the role with a high degree of professionalism, independence, integrity, and autonomy. Experience with HVAC systems, data analytics, and presenting to customers is a requirement of the role. Experience with SkySpark and other relevant software platforms is preferred.
- Understand Ecosave’s energy management offerings and their applications in customer solutions.
- Own and manage tools and processes for timely and accurate collection of utility bills or other monitored data. Build positive customer relationships to support this activity.
- Provide technical billing services to customers and their tenants
- Support cross-functional teams in the development of sales, project scope, budgets, reports, baselines, benchmarks, and measurement and verification (M&V) plans
- Ensure service delivery compliance with contractual deliverables.
- Proactively identify and interpret problems or patterns related to anomalous equipment and system operation to generate energy savings and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Solve issues and keep the service team informed of corrective actions.
- Ensure project scope, objectives, timeline, and customer requirements are met and documented during transition meetings with other Ecosave teams.
- Create and deliver high-quality M&V of savings plans and reports that convey cost reduction analysis to contract specifications and/or guarantees (IPMVP Options A, B, C, D, and Stipulated Savings) to Ecosave teams and clients.
- Perform complex calculations related to Ecosave’s diverse package of ECMs.
- Lead customer presentations, manage billing review meetings with customers and/or 3rd party consultants, and create rules and functions to better analyze building performance and improve Ecosave’s software platform.
- Analyze building automation system data and equipment-level trends to identify deficiencies and energy-efficiency opportunities.
- Perform tenant billing services and related subtasks, including the generation and review of tenant bills.
- Learn and utilize the Ecosave software stack to perform various and diverse tasks related to service delivery
- Maintain up-to-date archival records associated with multi-year projects and provide internal risk management reporting as well as monthly backlog review information with the team.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other technical field.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) certifications are preferred
- 5 – 10 years of professional experience in the energy industry or related field
- Prior experience with SkySpark analytics platform, Axon/Fantom coding or similar analytics platforms/scripting languages
- Prior experience in energy industry a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including English language skills) and the ability to interact promptly and professionally with teams across different time zones.
- Strong command of Excel, Word, Adobe, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other relevant business software
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new technologies rapidly and share knowledge with other team members.
- The desire to learn and continuously improve on the product quality, performance and other non-functional requirements
- Team player who can accept feedback from different parties and use it in future development projects.
To Apply: send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]