Location: New York City
The Generation Project Manager works with our Energy Generation and Engineering team and with building contractors, consultants, and customers to implement renewable energy projects within commercial and industrial sites. Peer review and teamwork are employed to deliver projects using a combination of engineering knowledge and experience, creative solutions, and construction management experience.
- Project manage solar and battery storage installations for commercial behind the meter applications.
- Ensure projects are being built per design drawings.
- Complete multiple projects per the contractual requirements within budget, on-time and with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of assigned projects including project planning, progress billing, revenue forecasting, A/R collections and re-estimating costs of installation projects.
- Manage the delivery of the contracted scope and secure change orders for the expansion of scope.
- Ensure that projects meet savings and performance guarantees.
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with site-specific safety standards, codes, regulations and assist with development and implementation of safety policies and programs.
- Identify potential subcontractors, manage bid processes and subcontractor negotiations.
- Drive due diligence through risk assessment and management during implementation and project delivery and manage possible impacts on price, schedule, warranties etc.
- Implement measurement and verification strategies, commissioning protocols and O&M activities in coordination with the engineering team.
- Responsible for securing all incentives included in project costing documents as a minimum. Furthermore, the project manager should make every effort to exceed anticipated incentives.
- Material management through Quality Control process, engineering review and material procurement. Coordinate project materials with subcontractors and the use of shared resources; identify resource constraints and assist with corrective action plans to remedy any issues.
- Assist with business development activities as needed.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Success in this position requires a dynamic individual with high aptitude, energy, motivation, and a passion for managing energy/sustainability projects. Critical requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable Trade Association Degree
- Minimum 3 years of field experience in solar PV construction projects
- Minimum 3 years of experience in vendor/subcontractor management
- Ability to read and understand solar PV electrical and structural design drawings.
- Ability to use Procore project management software.
- OSHA 30 certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, and other Windows products
- Renewable/Solar PV/Energy generation project experience
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of project financial reporting
- Prior experience in On-site Construction, Construction Management, Solar PV, HVAC and/or Mechanical Systems and central utility plants
- Demonstrated ability to function in high-performing, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, planning and project management skills.
- Ability to read and understand scope of work.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and proactive resolutions.
- Commitment to excellence.
Salary range: $110,000- $130,000
Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]