Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Project Accountant will work with the sales and project management team to gather and maintain the accounting records for various projects as well as perform various ad hoc duties.
- Enter new projects and ensure that all contract documentation is received and compiled in the project folders.
- Ensure compliance with overall contract requirements.
- Request and maintain certificates of insurance and submit to client contact.
- Meet with project managers monthly and ensure that all project budgets and costs are up to date and accurate.
- Enter and update all project change orders and budget revisions and ensure supporting documentation is compiled in project folders.
- Complete project close-out tasks at completion of projects.
- Ensure all employee timecards are up to date and approved.
- Prepare cash flow projects and forecasting.
- Work with project managers to produce accurate and timely billings.
- Prepare AIA or Progress billings and lien waivers as required including the preparation of required supporting documentation and submit billings to client.
- Assist in the collection of accounts receivable.
- Conduct weekly AR meeting and provide monthly comments to Management.
Vendor and Subcontractor Invoices:
- Prepare subcontracts using AIA templates online and send them for project manager review.
- Ensure that vendor and subcontractor invoices are approved in a timely manner and all required documentation is received.
- Ensure that all certificates of insurance comply with requirements.
- Monitor and assemble subcontractor and vendor invoices, insurance certificates, releases, and other required documentation for loan draws.
- Answer all inquiries from project managers, vendors, and clients.
- Initiate and maintain federal, state, and local tax compliance and reporting requirements.
- Prepare and review work in progress (WIP) reports for weekly meeting and month end close-out.
- Support risk assessment by alerting Controller and project manager to potential risks.
- Prepare and maintain management reporting dashboards.
- Prepare documentation for outside auditors and tax preparers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven Construction Accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate with all employees across all levels of the company.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify job costing issues and inconsistencies.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment, working both collaboratively and independently, to meet deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Experience with project contract documents.
- Experience with AIA contract documents online.
- Experience with transitioning to new ERP.
- SAP by Design experience.
- MS Dynamics SL experience.
- Advances MS Office skills.
- Familiar with state filing requirements and Nexus rules.
Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject as the job that is being applied to.