Location: Philadelphia, PA
Field sales position emphasizing development of long term, sole source consultative sales relations with customers who have realistic high-volume potential. Works with all levels of customers, handling all pre-sale and post sales activities up to sign off of the sales re-estimate. Provides company representation for initial sales opportunities and ongoing customer relations. Obtains Sales Management approval for all quotation and contractual activities prior to their release.
- Identify and develop long term, sole source consultative sales relations with End Users who have realistic high-volume potential.
- Identify and develop long term, sole source consultative sales relations with Engineers who have realistic high-volume potential.
- Identify and develop long term, sole source consultative sales relations with Contractors who have realistic high-volume potential.
- Is knowledgeable about products
- Knowledgeable of & responsible for establishing or negotiating all contracts. Understands differences between contract accepted by company and preferred AIA-A401 document. Defines differences for management and obtains approval before accepting order.
- Consistently meets annual sales volume and gross profit margin goals established by Sales Management.
- Prepares high quality estimates using company approved estimating tool that meet the following minimum requirements:
- Complies with Area/System cost reporting standards.
- Includes a risk assessment concurrent with quotation and adjusts quotation accordingly.
- Includes a complete scope of work concurrent with quotation.
- Obtains review and approval of estimate by Sales Management prior to publishing quotation.
- Co-ordinates with Operations and Project management to ensure that current company resources are adequate to meet contractually required schedules and commitments.
- Meets with Operations for a comprehensive and timely turn-in meeting to review and hand off new projects. Ensures Operations and Project management is fully informed of all engineering and time critical issues including the following:
- Rush or critical material orders required to meet project schedule.
- Milestone dates or schedules for submittals, subcontractor on-site starts, installation schedules, start-up and commissioning, and final project completion.
- Indicates subcontractor and owner preferences.
- Identifies and ensures Operations understanding of contract obligations and negotiated deviations.
- Identifies and ensures Operations understanding all areas of project risk.
- Develops relationship with subcontractors for accurate estimating.
- Personal appearance is professional and always meets company dress code.
- Work area is clean, professional and presentable to visiting
- Is dependable and reliable, meets deadlines and is on time for
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
You have a strong track record of performance in Automation service sales for a minimum of 2 years.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; OR two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in building control systems, HVAC, and construction projects.
- Ability to grow revenue profitably.
- Strong interpersonal skills, clients like and trust you.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to effectively present information to potential clients, engineering firms and subcontractors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers. Ability to work on a computer system, with a reasonable understanding of scientific and application software. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject as the job that is being applied to.