Constitution Health realizes energy reduction without capital outlay
Ecosave’s investment in energy efficiency and equipment upgrades has resulted in significant capital cost avoidance and 52% energy savings for Constitution Health Plaza, a multi-purpose medical campus in Philadelphia, PA.
Ecosave was asked to provide holistic and all-encompassing solutions to improve efficiency as well as address maintenance, comfort and reliability issues.
Ecosave developed a fully funded energy savings project that addressed these issues while not requiring any capital outlay or debt from the client. A substantial reduction in annual operating expenses funds the great majority of Ecosave’s fee.
These upgrades were carried out with patients in the building 24/7 without affecting services at this medical facility.
The solutions implemented at Constitution Health Plaza:
- Whole building LED lighting upgrade
- New state of the art Building Automation System (BAS)
- Installation of new magnetic bearing ultra-efficient chiller
- Installation of Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) on pumps and fans to optimize operation
- Pumping Optimization
- 2 new ultra-efficient boilers and new heating hot water system replacing an exisiting inefficient steam system
- Replacement and consolidation of 8 air handling units (AHUs) with 5 energy efficient AHUs
- Provide Utility Management Services (UMS) through Ecosave Watch for the duration of the Services Period
- Retro commissioning and plant wide controls optimization
- Provide maintenance services for the duration of the Services Period to ensure savings are sustained.
The Ecosave team has seamlessly upgraded and integrated the central utility plant at our facility. Our aged facility has been efficiently modernized with the immense energy savings paying for the considerable upgrades we have received. The cost to us has been nothing. Bravo Ecosave!
– Cesca Locurcio, General Manager and SVP Construction, Constitution Health Plaza
To find out more about this Ecosave Services Agreement project or to discuss how Ecosave can help you save money and resources, call +1 (215) 785 6750.