Automation Controls Technician
The Automation Controls Technician is responsible for installation start-up and commissioning of building HVAC automation and control systems. The technician may also respond to service requests as assigned by Service Management and is expected to maintain positive customer relationships. Ecosave is a growth-focused, entrepreneurial organization. The following qualifications and experience will contribute to a successful candidate in this position:
- Minimum 3-5 years field experience in the HVAC controls industry including DDC Systems commissioning, software integration operation, calibration and experience with pneumatic controls.
- Understanding of the construction industry with emphasis in mechanical/electrical fields.
- Proven track record of completing jobs on schedule, being self-motivated and achieving full customer satisfaction.
- Perform necessary point to point check-out, commissioning, diagnostic, and maintenance procedures on building automation systems, front-end workstations, servers, electric and pneumatic controls.
- Troubleshoot and repair building automation system panels, including communications equipment, printed circuit boards, power supplies, electrical/electronic controls, sensors, and transducers.
- Efficiently edit computer programs for building automation system points such as determining conversion patterns, defining point acronyms, and/or soliciting alarm specifications from operating personnel.
- Perform any assigned preventative maintenance, repair and emergency service calls.
- Maintain project related documentation including but not limited to commissioning documentation, daily reports, as-builts and status reports.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with members of the company, clients, sub-contractors and other contacts.
- Assist in Junior technician evaluation and training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus additional specialized courses or short-term training (one year or less) with minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Associates Degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training (two years duration) with minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Automation (or equivalent) with minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Possess and maintain valid and current Driver’s License and be insurable by our company’s insurance carrier.
- Basic understanding of control logic.
- Knowledge of Automated Logic commissioning tools and field circuit debugging skills a plus.
- Knowledge in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/Control preferred.
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation preferred.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Strong communication, organizational and documentation skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, WebCTRL, AutoCad, various operating systems.
- Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in excess of 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items up to 50lbs.
This position reports directly to the Executive VP of Construction. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Meet Ecosave Inc
Environmental Services • 50+ employees • Founded 2002 • Privately Held
Ecosave is a multi-national and diverse energy efficiency company that reduces energy costs at midsized to larger commercial and industrial facilities and uses some of those guaranteed savings to upgrade or optimize a facility’s systems. We then overlay our world-class utility management and maintenance services to continually drive savings. We apply financial engineering concepts as creatively and as diversely as we do our energy engineering concepts, to provide truly innovative services.