Automation Construction Sales Associate
Ecosave is a multi-national leader in Energy Efficiency and Building Automation. With North American offices in Philadelphia, PA (HQ) and New York City. Ecosave is a proud Automated Logic dealer who is wanting to expand its services into additional business lines such as access controls.
A unique opportunity exists to join our expanding Automation/Smart Buildings sales team as an Automation Construction Sales Associate where you will help grow our business in the PA and surrounding states region. Ultimately, you will be helping to achieve Ecosave’s mission of drastically reducing global greenhouse gas emissions and high customer satisfaction. This candidate must be a highly driven and dynamic individual with a strong mix of skills needed to drive growth and positive change in a rapidly growing business. Personable with a focus on customer service the ideal candidate is able to combine the skills of a business manager, engineer, sales, relationship builder, and collaborator.
Field sales position emphasizing development of long term, sole source consultative sales relations with customers who have realistic high-volume potential. Works with all levels of customers, handling all pre-sale and post sales activities up to sign off of the sales re-estimate. Provides company representation for initial sales opportunities and ongoing customer relations. Obtains Sales Management approval for all quotation and contractual activities prior to their release.
- Identify and develop long term, sole source consultative sales relations with End Users who have realistic high-volume potential.
- Identify and develop long term, sole source consultative sales relations with Engineers who have realistic high-volume potential.
- Identify and develop long term, sole source consultative sales relations with Contractors who have realistic high-volume potential.
- Is knowledgeable about products
- Knowledgeable of & responsible for establishing or negotiating all contracts. Understands differences between contract accepted by company and preferred AIA-A401 document.
- Defines differences for management and obtains approval before accepting order.
- Consistently meets annual sales volume and gross profit margin goals established by Sales Management.
- Prepares high quality estimates using company approved estimating tool that meet the following minimum requirements:
- Complies with Area/System cost reporting standards.
- Includes a risk assessment concurrent with quotation and adjusts quotation accordingly.
- Includes a complete scope of work concurrent with quotation.
- Obtains review and approval of estimate by Sales Management prior to publishing quotation.
- Co-ordinates with Operations and Project management to ensure that current company resources are adequate to meet contractually required schedules and commitments.
- Meets with Operations for a comprehensive and timely turn-in meeting to review and hand off new projects. Ensures Operations and Project management is fully informed of all engineering and time critical issues including the following:
- Rush or critical material orders required to meet project schedule.
- Milestone dates or schedules for submittals, subcontractor on-site starts, installation schedules, start-up and commissioning, and final project completion.
- Indicates subcontractor and owner preferences.
- Identifies and ensures Operations understanding of contract obligations and negotiated deviations.
- Identifies and ensures Operations understanding all areas of project risk.
- Develops relationship with subcontractors for accurate estimating.
- Personal appearance is professional and always meets company dress code.
- Work area is clean, professional and presentable to visiting customers.
- Is dependable and reliable, meets deadlines and is on time for appointments.
You have a strong track record of performance in Automation construction sales for a minimum of two years.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; OR two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in building control systems, HVAC, and construction projects.
- Ability to grow revenue profitably.
- Strong interpersonal skills, have clients like and trust you
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to potential clients, engineering firms and subcontractors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Ability to work on a computer system, with a reasonable understanding of scientific and application software.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Meet Ecosave Inc
Environmental Services • 50+ employees • Founded 2002 • Privately Held
Ecosave is a multi-national and diverse energy efficiency company that reduces energy costs at midsized to larger commercial and industrial facilities and uses some of those guaranteed savings to upgrade or optimize a facility’s systems. We then overlay our world-class utility management and maintenance services to continually drive savings. We apply financial engineering concepts as creatively and as diversely as we do our energy engineering concepts, to provide truly innovative services.