Field Technician Manager
Manager of Field Technicians is responsible for managing, assigning, training and supervising technician performing the servicing, installation, start-up and commissioning of building HVAC automation and control systems.
- Manage and supervise technicians performing point to point check-out, commissioning, diagnostic, and maintenance procedures on building automation systems, front-end workstations, servers, electric and pneumatic controls.
- Supervise troubleshooting and repair building automation system panels, including communications equipment, printed circuit boards, power supplies, electrical/electronic controls, sensors, and transducers.
- Efficiently edit computer programs for building automation system points such as determining conversion patterns, defining point acronyms, and/or soliciting alarm specifications from operating personnel.
- Perform any assigned preventative maintenance, repair and emergency service calls.
- Maintain project related documentation including but not limited to commissioning documentation, daily reports, as-builts and status reports.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with members of the company, clients, sub-contractors and other contacts.
- Schedule and manage technician training and performance evaluation.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Promote and ensure customer satisfaction throughout service operations group.
- Provide leadership and technical support and direction to field service technicians and ensure that proper service techniques are utilized.
- Provide technical estimating support to sales personnel.
- Multi-task in a way that allows for proper coordination of all service department activities.
- Be detail oriented with a strong understanding of customer service and employee relations.
- Operate in a dynamic environment and make timely and sound business decisions.
- Efficiently plan, coordinate and oversee field service operations.
- Identify workflow weaknesses and implement corrective action.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus additional specialized courses or short-term training (one year or less) with minimum of 8 years’ experience.
- Associates Degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training (two years duration) with minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Automation (or equivalent) with minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Possess and maintain valid and current Driver’s License and be insurable by our company’s insurance carrier.
- Good understanding of control logic.
- Minimum 5-8 years field experience in the HVAC controls industry including DDC Systems commissioning, software integration operation, calibration and experience with pneumatic controls.
- Understanding of the construction industry with emphasis in mechanical/electrical fields.
- Proven track record of completing jobs on schedule, being self-motivated and achieving full customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of Automated Logic commissioning tools and field circuit debugging skills a plus.
- Knowledge in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/Control preferred
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation preferred.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Strong communication, organizational and documentation skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, WebCTRL, AutoCad, various operating systems.
- Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in excess of 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items up to 50lbs.
Meet Ecosave Inc
Environmental Services • 50+ employees • Founded 2002 • Privately Held
Ecosave is a multi-national and diverse energy efficiency company that reduces energy costs at midsized to larger commercial and industrial facilities and uses some of those guaranteed savings to upgrade or optimize a facility’s systems. We then overlay our world-class utility management and maintenance services to continually drive savings. We apply financial engineering concepts as creatively and as diversely as we do our energy engineering concepts, to provide truly innovative services.