Senior Solar Developer
This Senior Solar Developer position in Ecosave’s distributed generation business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries of our time. Join the Ecosave Generation Team at the ground level and help build and shape this new division of the Ecosave Group.
You should be capable of leading the development of 2 – 10MW Community Solar/CDG and BTM/FTM commercial scale solar PV systems from initial site suitability assessment through to NTP.
- Perform and lead project development of CDG and commercial scale BTM and FTM solar projects up to 10MWdc.
- Take projects through land control, feasibility scoping, design, permitting, interconnection, incentive securement, detailed budget development and subcontractor agreements.
- Travel to and perform physical site assessment, including roof conditions, ground mounting suitability, electrical tie in availability and on-site data collection.
- Site specific preliminary designs and production analysis of PV arrays using models such as
- Helioscope or PVsyst to determine optimized PV layout.
- Develop specifications and collect data to complete preliminary utility interconnection applications and permitting.
- Assess land zoning and environmental considerations.
- Obtain roof remediation or replacement and/or ground remediation proposals from multiple contractors. Solicit and obtain firm fixed pricing for equipment, material and labor to install and commission PV systems.
- Prepare the solar PV proposal for prospect customers.
- Coordinate activities between clients, counties, utilities, permit agencies and relevant authorities, contractors, and other engineering firms to develop projects.
- Provide technical support to Sales team and Project Managers during project installation.
- Train, mentor and manage more junior solar developers in your team, as applicable.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience developing commercial solar PV projects including site assessment and completion of preliminary designs.
- Proven experience and ability to develop CDG projects.
- Proven success – demonstrated performance developing projects that are now in operation.
- Experiencing soliciting quotes from sub-contractors to complete pricing estimates.
- Proven ability to achieve successful preliminary interconnection approval.
- Proven experience identifying and accessing all available revenue streams and incentives.
- Assess integration of Energy Storage Systems, both BTM and FTM, into DG systems to maximize resiliency and demand management and other revenue streams.
- Hands on experience Project Managing solar PV systems.
- Hands on experience commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting solar PV systems.
- Demonstrated experience in developing preliminary electrical design drawings for scope definition and pricing.
- Experience with the National Electrical Code.
- Experience with modelling, specification, integration, and interconnection of other distributed generation technologies.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Renewable Energy.
- NABCEP certification.
- BESS Experience
- Adaptable and rapid learning individual who can expand their skill set from solar development into other DG technologies.
- Fluent with at least one of the common solar PV modelling software tools – PVsyst, Helioscope etc.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are a requirement of this role.
- Ability to build, analyse and interpret system energy modelling.
- Must be motivated, self-starter, capable of setting and managing multiple key priorities.
- Ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company.
Meet Ecosave Inc
Environmental Services • 50+ employees • Founded 2002 • Privately Held
Ecosave is a multi-national and diverse energy efficiency company that reduces energy costs at midsized to larger commercial and industrial facilities and uses some of those guaranteed savings to upgrade or optimize a facility’s systems. We then overlay our world-class utility management and maintenance services to continually drive savings. We apply financial engineering concepts as creatively and as diversely as we do our energy engineering concepts, to provide truly innovative services.