Solar Photovoltaic Developer
This high growth developer position in Ecosave’s new distributed generation business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries of our time. Join the Ecosave Generation Team at the ground level and help build and shape this new division of the Ecosave Group.
You should be capable of leading the development of commercial solar PV systems from initial site investigations through initial system modelling and sizing, developing comprehensive scope documents, securing pricing from suppliers, developing accurate detailed cost and production estimates, assessing interconnection details and completing initial interconnection applications, all in order to prepare a solar PV proposal for a prospect customer.
• Perform and lead early stage project development of commercial solar PV projects between 50kW and 5mW in size.
• Support solar projects from early stages of development all the way through to ready to construct.
• Site assessment, including roof conditions, ground mounting suitability, electrical tie in availability and on-site data collection.
• Desktop analysis of site and software derived data to determine optimized PV layout.
• Site specific preliminary designs and production analysis of PV arrays using models such as Helioscope or PVsyst.
• Develop specifications and collect data to complete preliminary utility interconnection applications and building permit applications.
• Obtain roof remediation or replacement and/or ground remediation proposals from multiple contractors. Solicit and obtain firm fixed pricing for equipment, material and labor to install and commission PV systems.
• Prepare the solar PV proposal for prospect customers.
• Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms to develop projects.
• Provide technical support to Sales team and Project Managers during DG project installation.
Minimum Required Experience
• Minimum 3 years experience developing commercial solar PV projects including site assessment and completion of preliminary designs.
• Experiencing soliciting quotes from sub-contractors to complete pricing estimates.
• Experience completing and submitting preliminary interconnection applications.
• Proven experience accessing revenue solar PV streams including incentive programs.
• Assess integration of BESS into DG systems to maximize resiliency and demand management and other revenue streams.
• Hands on experience Project Managing solar PV systems.
• Hands on experience commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting solar PV systems.
• Demonstrated experience in developing preliminary electrical design drawings for scope definition and pricing.
• Experienced with the National Electrical Code.
• Experience with modelling, specification, integration, and interconnection of other distributed generation technologies.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Associate’s degree in electrical or renewable energy.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Renewable Energy.
• NABCEP certification.
Minimum Required Skills
• Adaptable and rapid learning individual who can expand their skill set from solar development into other DG technologies.
• Fluent with at least one of the common solar PV modelling software tools – PVsyst, Helioscope etc.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are a requirement of this role.
• Ability to build, analyse and interpret system energy modelling.
• Must be motivated, self-starter, capable of setting and managing multiple key priorities.
• Ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company.
This positions reports directly to the VP of Ecosave Generation. Salary is market rate and commensurate with skills and experience. Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.
Meet Ecosave Inc
Environmental Services • 50+ employees • Founded 2002 • Privately Held
Ecosave is a multi-national and diverse energy efficiency company that reduces energy costs at midsized to larger commercial and industrial facilities and uses some of those guaranteed savings to upgrade or optimize a facility’s systems. We then overlay our world-class utility management and maintenance services to continually drive savings. We apply financial engineering concepts as creatively and as diversely as we do our energy engineering concepts, to provide truly innovative services.