Solar Photovoltaic Engineer
New York, NY | Philadelphia, PA
This high growth engineering position in Ecosave’s new distributed generation business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries of our time. Join the Ecosave Generation Team at the ground level and help build and shape this new division of the Ecosave Group.
You should be capable of leading the development of solar PV systems from initial site investigations through system modelling and sizing; assessing interconnection details; completing interconnection applications; developing comprehensive scope documents; securing pricing from suppliers; and developing accurate detailed cost estimates to implement projects.
• Perform and lead project development for commercial distributed generation systems including solar PV and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) between 50kW and 5MW in size from early stages of development all the way through to ready to construct.
• Assess integration of BESS into DG systems to maximize resiliency and demand management and other revenue streams.
• Travel to prospect sites to conduct DG assessments to gather site-specific data, as required.
• Site assessment, including roof conditions, ground mounting suitability and analysis both from on- site data collection and network tools.
• Obtaining roof remediation or replacement and/or ground remediation proposals from multiple contractors.
• Site specific preliminary designs and production analysis of PV arrays using models such as Helioscope or PVsyst.
• Develop specifications and collect data to complete utility interconnection applications and building permit applications.
• Develop pricing documents using AutoCAD and equipment specifications.
• Solicit and obtain firm fixed pricing for equipment, material and labor to install and commission PV • Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms to develop projects.
• Provide technical support to Project Managers during DG project installation.
• Contributing to or writing technical papers.
• Adaptable and rapid learning individual who can expand their skill set from solar development into other DG technologies.
• Demonstrated experience in developing preliminary electrical design drawings for scope definition and pricing.
• Ability to build, analyse and interpret system energy modelling.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are a requirement of this role.
• Must be motivated, self-starter, capable of setting and managing multiple key priorities.
• Ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company.
• Associates degree in electrical or renewable energy.
• 2-3 years experience designing commercial solar PV systems.
• Experienced with the National Electrical Code.
• Bachelors degree in electrical or renewable energy.
• 3-5 years experience designing commercial solar PV systems.
• 2-3+ years experience working with AutoCAD.
• Experience with modelling, specification, integration, and design of BESS.
• Experience with modelling, specification, integration, and interconnection of other distributed generation technologies.
• NABCEP certification.
• Experience completing and submitting successful interconnection applications.
• Hands on experience commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting solar PV systems.
• Proven experience accessing revenue solar PV streams including incentive programs and the NY VDER
This positions reports directly to the VP of Ecosave Generation. Salary is market rate and commensurate with skills and experience. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Meet Ecosave Inc
Environmental Services • 50+ employees • Founded 2002 • Privately Held
Ecosave is a multi-national and diverse energy efficiency company that reduces energy costs at midsized to larger commercial and industrial facilities and uses some of those guaranteed savings to upgrade or optimize a facility’s systems. We then overlay our world-class utility management and maintenance services to continually drive savings. We apply financial engineering concepts as creatively and as diversely as we do our energy engineering concepts, to provide truly innovative services.