Healthcare sites face unique challenges
Increased competition and staffing challenges are shrinking margins and driving demands to cut costs without compromising patient care.
Overall hospital expenses increased 17.5% between 2019 and 2022
Competing CapEx Priorities
Shifting building uses and patient expectations are making it harder to plan and budget for medical equipment improvements and building infrastructure upgrades.
Overall hospital expenses increased 17.5% between 2019 and 2022
Climate Change Realities
Extreme weather and ESG priorities are creating new demands for operational resiliency and greater sustainability.
The healthcare industry makes up for an estimated 8.5% of all US carbon emissions
Cut energy costs at healthcare facilities
Ecosave’s holistic approach to energy efficiency and infrastructure delivers holistic solutions that reduce operating costs, enhance system resiliency, and ensure patient and occupant comfort.
Ecosave Healthcare Energy Services
Increase healthcare facility efficiency with best-in-class technologies and solutions to retrofit or upgrade equipment, including mechanical HVAC systems, lighting controls, hydraulic systems, generators, security, and access control.
Protect patient health and safety through improved indoor air quality, building efficiency, and reliability with state-of-the-art building automation systems.
Decarbonize your building and reduce grid dependency with clean, resilient energy solutions, including solar and geothermal generation and battery storage.
Reduce maintenance costs and optimize maintenance schedules through data-driven insights powered by EcosaveWatch. Receive alerts when equipment faults or issues are detected and even receive advance warning of potential issues based on continuous diagnostics in near-real-time.
Energy efficiency upgrades with no upfront costs and positive cashflow
The Ecosave Services Agreement (ESA) offers performance-based savings that align ESG goals with financial objectives. You invest no upfront capital or debt and externalize your risk, and over the term of ESA, your energy savings pay for the project.
Who we serve
Ecosave’s approach is purpose-built for a broad range of healthcare organizations and facilities.
- Assisted and Senior Living Centers and Long-term Care Locations
- Laboratories and Research Centers
- Hospitals Campuses and Medical Buildings
- Imaging and Radiology Centers
- Orthopedic Centers
Constitution Health Plaza
Ecosave developed a fully-funded energy savings project delivering improved energy efficiency and equipment upgrades, resulting in significant capital cost avoidance, reduction in operating expenses and over $8 million in energy savings at Constitution Health Plaza
The Racquet Club of Philadelphia (RCOP), Philadelphia, PA
Ecosave delivered savings of $1.5 million at RCOP, reducing operating expenses and improving the building's energy performance. The Ecosave Services Agreement model, also meant the building upgrades were funded by the savings generated.
Comcast Center achieves 26% Energy savings with EcosaveWatch
Ecosave began working at the Comcast Tower in 2014, providing continuous commissioning, energy performance management, and tenant billing - powered by EcosaveWatch - to deliver $1.1 million per year in energy cost savings.
Time Equities Inc. engaged Ecosave at its 315,000-square-foot office complex in Kettering, Ohio. Ecosave developed a portfolio of energy conservation measures - implemented them over eight months with no disruption to building occupants - resulting in a 55% drop in energy consumption.
Sheraton Baltimore North
Ecosave delivers critical building upgrades and 38% energy savings through an Ecosave Services Agreement at Sheraton Baltimore North, enabling the hotel to fund the project out of realized savings, without major upfront capex or debt.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is Ecosave?
- Ecosave is one of the fastest-growing, full-service energy companies globally. With over 3,500 successful energy projects under its belt, we enable building owners to achieve significant energy and cost savings as well as their ESG goals.
- How do you help building owners and managers achieve net zero carbon buildings?
- Many building owners are placing a renewed focus on how they can offset their impact on the environment. However, to do so, it must also make financial sense. We tailor our approach for each individual property and offer solutions across the energy landscape, including energy and water eﬃciency, clean energy generation, smart building automation, utility management, and environmental management. With no upfront cost or capital needed, our customers are able to upgrade aging infrastructure and realize energy and cost savings.
- Where is Ecosave located?
- Our U.S. headquarters is located in Philadelphia’s Navy Yard. We also have offices in New York City, Boston, Washington DC and a global counterpart in Australia and New Zealand.
- Are there incentives for installing solar on my building?
- Yes! Any solar system installed in the United States is eligible for the Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC). Currently set at 30% of total solar system cost, but with the new guidelines from the Inflation Reduction Act the ITC can be as high as 50%. Additionally, depending on the state and utility that your solar system is installed in, solar systems can be eligible for upfront cash rebates as well as performance-based incentives (ex. Renewable Energy Credits) that can last the entire life of the system. Finally, solar owners may also be eligible for property tax exemptions dependent on the municipality.
- How does installing solar save me money on my electric bill?
- By installing solar on your building, electricity once supplied by the utility will now be supplied by your solar system. With electricity rates nationwide expected to rise by roughly 2% annually, the value of installing solar now will continue to increase through the life of the system. Additionally, some utilities will pay system owners for any electricity not consumed on-site and sent to the grid (see Net Metering above), adding an additional value stream to your system.
- Should I get a battery with my solar system?
- It depends! Like solar, some markets in the United States are more favorable for batteries than others. Depending on local incentives for battery systems (see Incentives above), during the utility bill analysis Ecosave will determine whether installing a battery to lower your peak demand and offset any peak demand charges from the utility is worth the additional cost of the battery.
- What do you mean by Guaranteed Savings?
- Ecosave’s in-depth engineering savings assessment creates a savings model based on actual usage reduction (such as kWh of electric and therms of gas) and plant performance within your facility. We model this performance across a suite of potential energy saving, energy efficiency and green energy solutions, including HVAC, battery storage and solar as well as water conservation, to design a data-driven view of the actual savings we can deliver within a cash positive environment. This is the energy savings we guarantee in your contract, and if we under-perform in any year, we write you a check for the difference. It’s guaranteed.
- How are the energy savings measured?
- Measurement & Verification of the guaranteed savings are carried out in accordance with the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP) standards, this is the commonly used standard in the US to measure savings in government energy performance contracts. The over or under-delivered savings are calculated and reconciled annually at each anniversary of the contract.
- Does Ecosave have to maintain the equipment?
- Ecosave can either pay your incumbents to maintain the equipment, or provide a turnkey solution, using and managing our subcontractors to add value to your facilities management team. Importantly, if any of the equipment fails, we repair or replace it.
- What happens to the building upgrade equipment at the end of the contract?
- Any equipment that is installed to achieve the savings is held on Ecosave’s balance sheet for the duration of the contract and is fully depreciated by the contract end. If you choose to keep the equipment, you can purchase the fully depreciated equipment, at an agreed market value.